July 31 is Texas Run-Off Election day; July 27 last day to vote early
ROCKWALL – July 27 is the last day to vote early in the the July 31 Texas Run-Off Election.
Republican Run-Off races are between:
- Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and attorney Ted Cruz, to replace retiring U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
- State Railroad Commissioner between attorney Christi Craddick and former legislator Warren Chisum
- State Railroad Commissioner between County Commissioner Greg Parker and Barry Smitherman
- State Supreme Court Position Place 4 between incumbent Justice David Medina and Judge John Devine
- State Fifth Court of Appeals Place 2, between Judge David Evans and attorney Bill Whitehill
- County Commissioner, Pct. 1, between former three-term Rockwall City Council member Cliff Sevier and former Rockwall Mayor and City Council member Bill Cecil
- County Justice of the Peace, Pct. 3, between three-term City Council member Mark Russo and former County Judge Chris Florance
- County Justice of the Peace, Pct. 4, between former JP David Karr and former DA Office Chief Felony Administrator Liana Bell Whitten
Democrats are voting only for either Grady Yarborough or Paul Sadler as their U.S. Senate candidate.
Heath and Royse City voters can vote early from 8 am to 5 pm at their City Halls at 200 Laurence Dr. and 305 N. Arch, respectively.
Rowlett voters can vote early from 8 am to 5 pm at Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School at 5701 Scenic Dr.
See the early voting locations and hours on the County Elections Administrator website here.
To vote on Election Day, July 31, see the Runoff Election Day website page here.
All 17 Precinct locations are listed from Pct. 1 to Pct. 4C for Republican and Democrat Parties.
For info, call 972-204-6200.
By J.J. Smith