County Republicans announce process to replace retiring County Tax Assessor Barbara Barber
ROCKWALL – The Rockwall County Republican Party has announced the process they will follow to nominate a replacement for retiring County Tax Assessor Barbara Barber in November’s general election ballot.
Barber submitted a request July 2 to have her name removed as the Republican nominee for Rockwall County Tax Assessor- Collector in November’s election, effective Aug. 31, 2012.
Barber ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was the only name slated to be on the ballot in November since no Democrat filed for the office.
According to County GOP Chairman Tony Fisk, anyone interested in being nominated as the Republican nominee should:
- Ensure they meet the qualifications by reviewing the following: http://vgyi.tamu.edu/files/2011/09/Tax-Assessor-Collector-1-KH.pdf
- Ensure they understand the duties of the County Tax Assessor-Collector by reviewing: http://www.county.org/resources/legal/pdf/2009Guide_to_TXLaws.pdf
- Submit a resume to the Rockwall County Republican Party, Attn: Tony Fisk, PO Box 863, Rockwall, TX 75087 and forward a copy via e-mail to email@example.com
- Resumes must be received by July 23, 2012, by 5 pm
Fisk said the County Republican Executive Committee intends to follow the schedule below to nominate a name to appear on the November 2012 ballot as the Republican nominee:
- Establish a Pre-Screen Committee to sort through the resumes with the intent of naming finalists for the position – the weeks of 7/23 and 7/30
- Hold face to face interviews for the finalists the week of August 5th
- Select the replacement nominee in its August 20 Executive Committee meeting
For inquiries, contact Fisk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By J.J. Smith, Publisher