Redecorated Palio’s Pizza Cafés re-open in Rockwall, Rowlett under new owner
ROCKWALL –If you’re looking for delicious Italian food, two locations of Palio’s Pizza Café have just been re-opened by a new owner in Rockwall – just south of the new Kroger gas station in the Kroger shopping center; and in Rowlett, in the shopping center at Highway 66 and Dalrock Rd, just west of the Tom Thumb Food Store.
Known for healthy, thin-crust, specialty pizzas, as well as for a variety of pasta dishes, sandwiches, salads and desserts, new owner Kal Jaroun told TheRockwallNews.com that they have completely redecorated the insides of both locations and dramatically improved the service.
“The food is still as delicious as it was before. We are still using the same wonderful recipes,” he said.
According to the new owner, the pizza sauce contains no additives or preservatives, and they now offer whole wheat crust and gluten-free pizza, in addition to their regular crust.
There are 17 specialty pizzas on the Palio’s menu, with 25 traditional and specialty toppings, priced from $8.99 for the small to $17.99 for the extra-large, including:
- The Classic – with roasted chicken, fresh tomatoes, fresh garlic and fresh basil, plus extra virgin olive oil; the King – with pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, fresh mushrooms, black olives, onions, plus red, yellow and green peppers;
- The Mediterranean – including baby spinach, roma tomatoes, red onions, fresh mushrooms, artichoke hearts, feta and mozzarella cheese;
- The Greek – including black & green olives, baby spinach, garlic, tomatoes, feta and mozzarella cheese;
- Hawaiian Sunrise – including Canadian bacon, pineapple, roasted cashews, sun-dried cranberries, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses;
- Maria’s BBQ Chicken – including roasted chicken, bacon, red onions, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
Pasta dishes, all $8.99 with cheese bread, include:
- Spaghetti with Meat Balls or Meat Sauce
- Chicken or Eggplant Parmesan
- Baked Ziti
- Chicken Alfredo
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Chicken Palio
Dinner, Caesar, Greek, Roasted Chicken and Nutty Hawaiian salads range from $3.99 to $6.49.
The $5.99 hot or cold sandwiches on rolls with chips include:
- Greek Gyro
- Pesto Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Chicken Pita
- Hot Ham & Cheese
- Hot Club
- Meat Ball
- Italian Sub
Desserts priced from $3.99 to $5.99 include a variety of Cheesecakes, Cannoli, Tiramisu, plus Sweetza (Ice Cream and Cookie).
There’s also a $3.99 Kid’s menu, featuring pizza, Spaghetti with Sauce, Chicken Tenders with Fries, Macaroni & Cheese, plus more pasta dishes. Kids eat free each Tuesday when accompanied by a paying adult.
The $7.99 lunch special, served weekdays from 11:30 am to 3 pm daily, includes:
A salad, all you can drink, plus your choice of:
- A lunch pizza with up to three toppings
- Any sandwich with chips
- A calzone with up to three stuffings
- Any pasta with cheese bread
Other menu items are Calzones, Baked Buffalo Wings, Mozzarella Sticks and Cheese Bread.
There are numerous Palio’s Pizza Cafes across the Metroplex, all owned and operated by different owners, with many different websites. Jaroun said the owners are now discussing setting up one website, and listing all the many locations on it.
Owner Karoun said the Rockwall and Rowlett locations are anxious and working hard to become very involved in the community, especially with the schools, sports teams, non-profits and churches. They cater events and deliver any of their menu items, with a minimum order of $15.
For delivery, carry out or dine in at the Rockwall location, at 2951 Ridge Rd. Suite 109, call 972-722-3348.
For Rowlett, at 6702 Dalrock Rd. Suite 122, Call 214-703-9711.
Palio’s Pizza Cafe opens at 11 am daily.
By J.J. Smith, Publisher